Critical Times in Life that You Need Life Insurance
Thinking about our own mortality is rarely a pleasant experience. However, there are moments in your life when contemplating the inevitable becomes necessary. Pondering your untimely passing is not so much about you, but those you leave behind. The unexpected loss could have significant financial consequences and life insurance is often the most economical financial instrument to protect those you love.
You Generate Income
If your family depends on your ability to earn an income to help pay for the mortgage, utilities, food, tuition, and so on, you need life insurance. It doesn’t matter if you are the breadwinner or not. If your sudden loss would significantly impact your family’s standard of living, you need life insurance.
You Are a Stay-at-Home Partner
Individuals who may not earn an income, but who contribute to the family by caring for children or loved ones, would have an economic impact to their family in the event they suddenly passed away. If the ability to continue earning income or the cost to replace the value you provide is significant, you need life insurance.
You Have Children
The cost of rearing children is increasing every year. While it may be feasible to provide for your children if the other parent passed away, consider those things which may be pushed aside due to a shift in your financial situation. College tuition, wedding plans, and extracurricular activities are often forgone after the loss of a parent who doesn’t have life insurance.
You Have a Child/Adult with Special Needs
Children with special needs may require financial assistance throughout their entire lives. It is not uncommon for special needs adults to outlive their parents. Life insurance, either purchased individually or in the form survivorship coverage where both parents are insured, can provide the financial means to provide necessary financial support.
You Have Co-signed Loans
If you have co-signed on a loan, you may want to consider the other financially liable individual to purchase life insurance. Larger loans such as mortgages and private school loans may place a financial hardship on a co-signer should the other individual pass away.
You Don’t Have Adequate Savings
Adults who have not saved enough for their retirement and final expenses will want to consider purchasing a life insurance policy. If married, the funds can be used to replace pensions and social security payments of the deceased partners. Additionally, the benefit can also pay for unpaid medical bills, funeral costs, and unpaid debts.
Do any of the above apply to you?
Contact our office today to review your situation and determine if adding life insurance coverage would be a good move for you and the people you care about
- Aging and Our Body’s Ability to Heal Itself
- What is Credit Health Insurance?
- Keeping Health Insurance After a Layoff
- Waking Up to the Impact of Insomnia
- How Life Insurance Benefits Women
- Electric Car: To Buy or to Lease?
- What experts say about raising the retirement age
- Coverage for healthcare treatment denied? Here’s what you can do.
- How are the proceeds of a life settlement taxed?
- Sharing the Road with Cyclists
- Buying Life Insurance for an Elderly Parent?
- What Every Renter Needs to Know about Renters Insurance
- Medicaid Unwinding: Your Questions Answered
- Does Uber Insurance Cover Passengers?
- Living Your Best Life After 60
- Weird Things Covered by Home Insurance
- Buying Health Insurance: A Millennial’s Guide
- Self-Love Ideas for Valentine’s Day
- Life Without Clutter
- Set Yourself Up for Success with Your Fitness Routine
- When to Upgrade Your Auto Insurance
- Winter Hydration – Do I Need It?
- What Does My Home Insurance Policy Cover?
- I’m 60+; Do I Need Life Insurance?
- Why Do I Keep Breaking My New Year’s Resolutions?
- Closing Out the Year with a Smile!
- How to Enjoy a Long Layover
- Are You Paying Too Much for Auto Insurance?
- 6 Cold Weather Safety Tips
- 10 Tips for Managing Cholesterol Levels
- How Social Security Cost-of-Living Adjustments Affect Your Taxes
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need Right Now?
- 3 Top Tips for Better Posture
- Fun Part-Time Jobs for Retirees
- Building Bone Density for Seniors
- Living Outside Your Comfort Zone in Retirement
- 16 Tips for Keeping Your Home Secure While You’re Away
- 3 Top Habits that Lead to a Happy Life After Retirement
- Should You Insure Your Gifts?
- Everything You Need to Know When Retiring Under 65
- The Most Important Fall Home Maintenance Tasks
- 7 Benefits of Slow Travel
- Do you need $1M to retire?
- Utilizing Medicare Preventative Services
- The Harsh Reality of Credit Card Fees
- Keeping Your Health Insurance Affordable
- How to Retire Early
- 7 Tips to Weather Challenging Periods in Your Life
- What is a Variable Annuity? 4 Key Details You Should Know
- Financial Planning After Saying “I Do!” – 3 Crucial Steps
- 4 of the Best Ways to Stay Healthy this Summer
- 4 Boat Safety Precautions to Take this Summer
- How to Prevent Sun Damage to Your Eyes
- 3 Tips for Safer Grilling
- Rental Car Road Trip? Consider Buying This Coverage
- When the Sun is NOT Your Friend (What You Need to Know about Sun Exposure)
- Tips to Avoid Stress Eating
- Lifestyle Changes in Retirement that Will Impact Your Finances
- Common Exercise Pains – How to Work Past Them and When to Call for Help
- Signs Your Identity Has Been Stolen (and what to do about it)
- Are Annuities a Good Investment?
- How Does Inflation Affect Life Insurance?
- Know the Benefits of Walking
- Do Brain Food Supplements Really Work?
- Using Life Insurance in Estate Planning
- Ways You Can Spend Less on Gas
- Is Your Retirement Income Keeping Pace with Inflation?
- What Are Alternatives if LTC isn’t Right for You?
- 4 Tips for a Less Stressful Summer
- 6 Factors Impacting Homeowners Insurance Costs
- Veteran and Medicare Benefits Work Together
- What are the Safest States From Natural Disasters?
- How to Protect Your Home from Wildfires
- How to Choose an In-Home Care Provider for Your Loved One in 5 Steps
- 7 Myths About Your Back Pain
- How to Prepare for Retirement Considering Inflation
- 5 Foods that Will Help Keep Your Mind Healthy
- Don’t Throw Away Those Used Coffee Grounds
- I’m 50 Years Old. Should I Keep My Life Insurance?
- Are Personal Items Covered by My Auto Insurance Policy?
- How to Spot Government Imposters
- 5 Mistakes to Avoid When Buying a Life Insurance Policy
- Do I Really Need Condominium Insurance?
- Happiness Through Healthy Food
- 5 Step Checklist to Choosing a Health Insurance Plan
- The Cost of Home Ownership
- 5 Creative Spring Décor Ideas
- 10 Ways to Maintain Healthy Joints
- Death and Taxes (and Insurance?)
- 3 Incredible Healthcare Smart Technologies Coming Your Way
- Do I Need a Long-Term Care Plan?
- Aging In Place – What You’ll Need
- Senior Diet: To Meat or Not to Meat
- What Is Road Trip Insurance?
- How to Take Care of Your Personal Intangible Assets
- Dream All-Inclusive Trips to Escape the Cold
- Choosing the Right Homeowners Insurance
- How to Get Health Insurance if You’re a Freelancer
- Safety Tips for Driving in Winter
- What to do if Your Travels Get Delayed Due to Weather or Flight Cancellations
- Ways to Locate a Lost Life Insurance Policy
- Critical Times in Life that You Need Life Insurance
- Is Working from Home Covered by Homeowners Insurance?
- Giving and Forgiving
- Overlooked Products to Consider When Planning for Retirement
- Why Buy Life Insurance on Children
- Things We Are Grateful for This Year
- What to Avoid When Switching to Medicare from the Public Health Exchange
- Maintenance Checklist for the Year-End
- How to Host a Successful Virtual Holiday Party
- Is One of These Factors Keeping You from Seeking Life Insurance?
- Is Pet Insurance Worth It?
- Ben Franklin: Father of Modern Insurance
- Who Invented Insurance Anyway?
- Common Senior Micronutrient Deficiencies
- Stacked vs Non-Stacked Uninsured Motorist Coverage
- The Art of Aging Well
- Insure What? Celebrity Body Parts Insured
- Using HSAs in Your Retirement Planning
- 6 Strange Insurance Policies You Can Buy
- How Much Do Millennials Actually Need to Retire Comfortably?
- How Valuable Is Cash Value Life Insurance?
- Mistakes You Can Make When Exercising at Home
- Why You Should Never Lie to the Underwriter
- Baby On Board! 9 Tips for Carrying Precious Cargo
- Forget Salad Recipes, Try a Salad “Matrix”
- Mortgages Dissected: Details to Know
- Will My Life Insurance Policy Cover Me If Something Happens While Traveling?
- 5 Most Common Estate Planning Mistakes
- I’ve Been Denied a Life Insurance Policy. Now What?
- Bucket List Ideas and Why It’s Important
- Insurance Coverage All Small Business Owners Must Consider
- Getting Fit Before the Medical Exam
- The Basics of Insurance APIs
- Don’t Lose Non-Refundable Down Payments with Travel Insurance
- 8 Gas Savings Tips During Summer
- It’s time for your end-of-the-year insurance review
- Wishing You a Happy Holiday Season And Healthy New Year
- Do You Know What These Key Insurance Terms Mean?
- Dates and deadlines for 2019 Individual Health Insurance Coverage
- It’s Medicare Open Enrollment
- It’s Medicare Open Enrollment Period – Let Us Help You Get Ready
- Answer These Questions to Help You Make the Best Medicare Coverage Choices